WELCOME TO MY BLOG. ENJOY IT!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Travelling - English for Tourism

Travel Agency
Conversation between Mr. Sphinx as the Agent and Mr. Skinny as the Tourist

Mr. Sphinx      : Hi, welcome to UAD Travel. I’m Sphinx.
                         What can I do for you?
Mr. Skinny      : Hmm thank you. I’d like to check or confirm the ticket that I have   booked by online.
Mr. Sphinx      : Ok. So what’s your name?
Mr. Skinny      : Skinny Laksono.
Mr. Sphinx      : Ok, Skinny Laksono (Checking).
Mr. Laksono from Yogyakarta? You ordered the ticket for a single  trip.
Mr. Skinny      : Yes.           
Mr. Sphinx      : Can I see the check? I mean from the bank you were in. (checking).
Mr. Skinny      : Ok.
Mr. Sphinx      : (Checking) well. You booked the ticket two days ago, your destination is Bali?
Mr. Skinny      : yes right.
Mr. Sphinx      : Ok. Done. So you are going there on the day after tomorrow?
Mr. Skinny      : Yes sir. On 2nd July.
Mr. Sphinx      : Ok, here is your ticket. Your departure will be at 6 am.
Mr. Skinny      : Thanks by the way. Ahh.., I want to ask you something, how long will the trip take time from Yogyakarta to Bali?
Mr. Sphinx      : It’ll take around 90 mins.
Mr. Skinny      : Then how much should I spend money for the trip there?
Mr. Sphinx      : It depends on how many places you’re going to visit.
Mr. Skinny      : Oh ok, first I visit to Dreamland, Kuta, Kintamani, then New Kuta Green Park, Sukawati market and Candidasa.
Mr. Sphinx      : Wow..., There are many places you’re going to enjoy, it may cost around $1500 including the hotels. I’m sure that it’s going to be  the long trip.
Mr. Skinny      : Yes I think so (while laughing).
Mr. Sphinx      : Any more question you want to ask?
Mr. Skinny      : No, thank you very much for the information.

Mr. Sphinx      : Don’t mention it. Never hestitate to ask anyting you haven’t been familiar with and happy holiday.



Vocabulary (expressions)!

hi, welcome to UAD Travel. I’m Sphinx.
What can I do for you?
I’d like to check......
You ordered the ticket for.......
your destination is.....
Your departure will be at....
I want to ask you something.............
Any more question you want to ask?
Yes....... or No, thank you very much for the information.
Don’t mention it!                                                                                          
Never hestitate to ask anyting you haven’t been familiar with and happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment